The Art of Spore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the artists, roleplayers and creators of Spore! All are welcome.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Art of Spore forum! Enjoy your time here! +++ Remember, we have a chatbox located at the bottom of the homepage. +++ Be sure to read the Forum Guidelines located in every section as a Global Announcement. +++ ~~BREAKING NEWS: Life is proven to exist outside of the Internet. Moderators forced to rework entire system.~~ Big-name Sporumers join forum, large Internet Exodus expected to follow. ++aodjfiljadioASDGgjioajdi#@$ogjaerger qerjgiaeur8giqtu@#$8or!@$#@$ ++ Omnivex stated to like trains. Trains expected to run over AoS forum in near future ++ Remember kids. Sporum members are friends, not food. ++
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is illhawwepq

Our users have posted a total of 3041 messages in 219 subjects
Affiliates
free forum
free forum
free forumfree forum

Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?

Go down 
+14
Banzai
Vektrix
xDoomsoulx
lonestar4
Zaroas
Glasspinne
Drew
Imperiex
ghostofillusion
Unpronouncable
BurningCake
Slyth33
Pie4Pigs
Xenopologist
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Why are you still a Sporumer?
I have friends there
Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_lcap142%Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_rcap1
 42% [ 8 ]
I still play the game/create and not many people on other Spore-related forums do
Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_lcap121%Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_rcap1
 21% [ 4 ]
I actually like it there
Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_lcap116%Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_rcap1
 16% [ 3 ]
Other (please post on thread)
Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_lcap121%Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Vote_rcap1
 21% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 pm

You have to put " marks around Pie4Pigs or whoever you're quoting.

Congrats on leaving. There's too many idiots, and not enough sensibility for that place to be run properly. I would leave if all of my friends completely left the Sporum, but many are still there. Plus, Chloro is still around and I feel it's my duty to run it.
Back to top Go down
https://theartofspore.forumotion.com
Banzai
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm only there for Chloro, and that's crawling atm.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:07 pm

I have to tender my resignation to Remypas, I don't really have the time or the will to review anymore
Back to top Go down
Drew
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Drew

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 am

Slyth33 wrote:
I have to tender my resignation to Remypas, I don't really have the time or the will to review anymore

Your out? Aww.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:24 pm

No time to create or review, and the science section is laughably stupid nowadays
Back to top Go down
Drew
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Drew

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 am

Thats pretty sad, you were such a great creator.. Idislikeitplz ..and a good reviewer too.
Back to top Go down
Xenopologist
MS Painter
MS Painter
Xenopologist

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Pie4Pigs wrote:
I've left the forum once and for all.

*snip*

I can't help but agree with your reasoning there. Really, the way that place is handling RPtroll is the worst way to react to that kind of trolling and it's just kind of sad how everyone that keeps repeating themselves at him thinks they're doing the right thing.

He's not even that much of an annoyance; if a few select Sporumers would get over themselves enough to ignore him, then he would just be forgotten and no one would care.
Back to top Go down
http://spore.com/view/myspore/Xenopologist
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:57 pm

I think they're too recent to remember the creation of RPtroll. Either way it's really stupid.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Xenopologist wrote:

I can't help but agree with your reasoning there. Really, the way that place is handling RPtroll is the worst way to react to that kind of trolling and it's just kind of sad how everyone that keeps repeating themselves at him thinks they're doing the right thing.

He's not even that much of an annoyance; if a few select Sporumers would get over themselves enough to ignore him, then he would just be forgotten and no one would care.

I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurningCake
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

Location : Japenese history, attacking the Giant Enemy Crab's weakpoint for massive damage.

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Lol.

My "Goodbye" thread has way too many rude responces. And THAT, folks, is why I'm not coming back.

*Insert applause + Jazz sting here*
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I once made a goodbye thread, returning several months later after Reverb Design opened up. Almost all of my responses were rude, with several people going off-topic making stupid Sparta and Mudkip memes, even when I announced that the meme was long dead.
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

Location : Japenese history, attacking the Giant Enemy Crab's weakpoint for massive damage.

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Well then, we can relate on that one.

Except for the mudkip part. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Drew
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Drew

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:57 am

There are a few people over at the Spourm that need to die. I have had it up to here with a few people. These people I am referring to are not even trolls.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 am

ghostofillusion wrote:
I once made a goodbye thread, returning several months later after Reverb Design opened up. Almost all of my responses were rude, with several people going off-topic making stupid Sparta and Mudkip memes, even when I announced that the meme was long dead.

Mudkips was old before it even hit the sporum

Troll
Back to top Go down
Banzai
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:29 pm

I said I was leaving once.

I came back with the Reverb Design thread.

That closed.

I left again.

Chloro Opened, and I stay there for that, prettymuch.
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Drew wrote:
There are a few people over at the Spourm that need to die. I have had it up to here with a few people. These people I am referring to are not even trolls.

Totally true.

Some users like CaptainOomp need to chill down. I think even he's somehow convinced himself that he's an alien that knows too much about human science, or whatever BS he's pulling.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:57 pm

ghostofillusion wrote:
Drew wrote:

Totally true.

Some users like CaptainOomp need to chill down. I think even he's somehow convinced himself that he's an alien that knows too much about human science, or whatever BS he's pulling.

i called him out a few days ago and he just got pissy.

He's not the only one in S&S spouting crap though, most of the people there quite obviously have no idea what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:14 pm

lolyeah

At first, Oomp's joke was funny. Now he's gone too far. Also, once he started 7 page arguement about it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh S&S, how far you've fallen. People still argue with me over basic physical and chemical principles though, oomp and cpelite are the chronic offenders.
Back to top Go down
Banzai
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 pm

S&S is probably one of the worst sections now. It used to be my second favorite, next to the Creator Corner. Both have deteriorated horribly.

I may not be a science know-it-all, but, for the most part, I know my stuff, or catch on really quickly. I couldn't even stand it in the section. An 8th grade education has apparently gotten me a lot more than I thought. (I thought my school's curriculum was slow as heck, but I have now come to a conclusion that it is actually decent. Not personally challenging enough, but it would teach the people in that section a thing or two about science)

It's just the matter of new people coming and not having a large or welcoming enough community that leads to the downfall of sections. Certain people, already named in the above discussion, aka Oomp, are just awful. They drive out newcomers without taking a chance to let them get settled into the habits of proper posting on a forum. I used text speak and choppy grammar for I don't know how long before I realized that the Internet was actually a place where grammar and spelling matter. I was so used to the YouTube and AIM abbreviations and chopped sentences with a lack of basic knowledge of how to speak English that I failed to notice everyone was writing normally. Was I driven out for my lack of ability? No, because at one point the community wasn't half bad. Sure, there were the people who couldn't stand me there, but they were far outnumbered by those who were willing to help and add another user to the forum.

But now, everyone seems to just be accusing others of trolling, when it's just spamming, accusing newcomers of being alts, and just plain out being mean to members who haven't gotten used to the feel of the forum yet. This is what kills it. Change this, and the once-thriving Sporum will be back up to speed.
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 pm

I don't think the Sporum will change back to glorious any time soon.

But you never know.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Barring some sort of massive update or expansion to Spore it'll be dead by June
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:07 pm

The forum will be completely dead of "Spore" by June or July.

All that will be left is the occasional newbie, the several trolls, S&S declining even more, and all the decent members leaving.
Back to top Go down
Slyth33
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Slyth33

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Can S&S decline more? Unless future posts are just garbled letters
Back to top Go down
Banzai
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Sporemasters might even leave, like many of them already have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?   Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are you still hanging around on the Sporum?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next