The Art of Spore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the artists, roleplayers and creators of Spore! All are welcome.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Art of Spore forum! Enjoy your time here! +++ Remember, we have a chatbox located at the bottom of the homepage. +++ Be sure to read the Forum Guidelines located in every section as a Global Announcement. +++ ~~BREAKING NEWS: Life is proven to exist outside of the Internet. Moderators forced to rework entire system.~~ Big-name Sporumers join forum, large Internet Exodus expected to follow. ++aodjfiljadioASDGgjioajdi#@$ogjaerger qerjgiaeur8giqtu@#$8or!@$#@$ ++ Omnivex stated to like trains. Trains expected to run over AoS forum in near future ++ Remember kids. Sporum members are friends, not food. ++
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is illhawwepq

Our users have posted a total of 3041 messages in 219 subjects
Affiliates
free forum
free forum
free forumfree forum

Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!

Go down 
+6
geekus_sapiens
BurningCake
Goddess_Thy_Cluff
Pie4Pigs
ghostofillusion
Imperiex
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Imperiex
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper

Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 pm

It is a picture of a womans chest, she is wearing a bra, and it asks whats your ideal woman, larger or smaller. It was constant for me earlier, but now it is more random.

Your browser most block it I guess.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Imperiex wrote:
It is a picture of a womans chest, she is wearing a bra, and it asks whats your ideal woman, larger or smaller. It was constant for me earlier, but now it is more random.

Your browser most block it I guess.

On what page is it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurningCake
Imperiex
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Random. Sometimes front page, just a second ago at the top of this thread. Ghost says he was looking into how to block certain ads, which forums allow I do believe.
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

Location : Japenese history, attacking the Giant Enemy Crab's weakpoint for massive damage.

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Blocking ads? That sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Pie4Pigs wrote:
Blocking ads? That sounds nice.

Get Firefox. It allows you to download free ad-blockers that actually work!
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

Location : Japenese history, attacking the Giant Enemy Crab's weakpoint for massive damage.

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:04 pm

I will.
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Sorry to double post... But one of the ads I got was seizure inducing! I got a headache from just looking at it!
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Pie4Pigs wrote:
Sorry to double post... But one of the ads I got was seizure inducing! I got a headache from just looking at it!

Like this? DummyRainbow
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:58 pm

BurningCake wrote:
Pie4Pigs wrote:

Like this? DummyRainbow

Not even close! It had a pink frame that would flash from pink to white really quickly, and a smilie that would quickly reappear and disappear. It was flashing so quickly...
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
MS Painter
MS Painter
geekus_sapiens

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Oh, that one. Ugh...

DESTROY ADS NAO!!!

Last edited by geekus_sapiens on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm doing my best to get rid of them, but I need to pay money is some way for every solution.
Back to top Go down
https://theartofspore.forumotion.com
BenKane
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:50 am

Imperiex wrote:
True. Take out all of the sexual ones and leave the random stuff. Notice, the internet is fairly sexist to women like that, makes women look like their all sluts that can't wait to take their clothes off. Obviously not true, not for all women anyway. Hope that does not come out wrong. Internet puts women in a bad light.

You know why ads are like that? Because it works. People fall for that junk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emoticones.forumotion.com
KoopaKilla
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
KoopaKilla

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 am

"What's your ideal woman?" Some people on this site, I'm not naming names, would feel, Irapeitplz, if they saw that.
Back to top Go down
JallerInika
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
JallerInika

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:21 am

Oh there was a pretty sexist marketing campaign for a game [Not naming it].I'm glad it's over, dunno if they got sued or not.But it was really spreading on sites.
Back to top Go down
Xenopologist
MS Painter
MS Painter
Xenopologist

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:23 am

BenKane wrote:

The real question is, who falls for it?
Back to top Go down
http://spore.com/view/myspore/Xenopologist
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:56 am

Xenopologist wrote:
BenKane wrote:

The real question is, who falls for it?

Those creepy perverts that live in their mother's basement.

And the ads have gotten better, now.
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

Some advertisements are using sex for something entirely unrelated, such as that "Are you Smarter than your friends?" ad. The girl is pretty, and dressed casually, but I'm sure that voice and friendly tone will attract any creepy 30 year old perverts.
Back to top Go down
Imperiex
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:55 am

JallerInika wrote:
Oh there was a pretty sexist marketing campaign for a game [Not naming it].I'm glad it's over, dunno if they got sued or not.But it was really spreading on sites.

Yep, Evony was horrible. The woman are half naked, and that has nothing to do with the game. I read on Wikipedia that a lot of people got mad at Evony for the stupid ads.

It was all like Ben said, it gets the people in.
Back to top Go down
Pie4Pigs
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper
Pie4Pigs

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:37 pm

I thought that the sexual ads were gone, but I saw the "What do you see?" ad again.
Back to top Go down
Imperiex
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:40 pm

I saw that one earlier too.
Back to top Go down
ghostofillusion
Admin
Admin
ghostofillusion

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:43 pm

That's the only ad that shows up on mine. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Imperiex
GIMPer Skipper
GIMPer Skipper

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:45 pm

I have only had it once today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!   Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Same advertisement suddenly, over and OVER!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Art of Spore :: Miscellaneous :: Forum Feedback-
Jump to: