The Art of Spore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the artists, roleplayers and creators of Spore! All are welcome.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Art of Spore forum! Enjoy your time here! +++ Remember, we have a chatbox located at the bottom of the homepage. +++ Be sure to read the Forum Guidelines located in every section as a Global Announcement. +++ ~~BREAKING NEWS: Life is proven to exist outside of the Internet. Moderators forced to rework entire system.~~ Big-name Sporumers join forum, large Internet Exodus expected to follow. ++aodjfiljadioASDGgjioajdi#@$ogjaerger qerjgiaeur8giqtu@#$8or!@$#@$ ++ Omnivex stated to like trains. Trains expected to run over AoS forum in near future ++ Remember kids. Sporum members are friends, not food. ++
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is illhawwepq

Our users have posted a total of 3041 messages in 219 subjects
Affiliates
free forum
free forum
free forumfree forum

The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic Empty
PostSubject: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 am

I'm bored, so I'm making this.

War. War never changes.

The ice world of Agranathor was on fire with it. The clap of turrets and artillery could be heard throughout the expanse of glaciers and snow that made up the planet. An anti-air turret shot up at the sky at spaceships zooming above, when it caught one moving quite oddly in the midst of war. The thing plunged to the ground, smoke bursting up from the engines. It soon lay on the ground, the engines a ruin, but the cockpit intact.
A lome creature peeked at the wreck from behind a rock. When it made sure the scene was safe, it leapt above the rock to the ship. This creature was part of the army, a unit called Scavengers. It was the scavenger's jobs to search destroyed vehicles and bases for information and weapons. The Scavenger, of the species if Raeknesa, entered.
Inside, he found no dead bodies, no weapons. The ship was unmanned. There was however, one thing - In the middle of the cockpit was a table. Beyond a force field was a hologram projector. The Scavenger hacked into the main computing system of the ship and disabled the shield, grabbing the projector.
He took a quick look at it, and eyes widening, he said, "I better get this to the commander, and I better do it now."
The Scavenger dove out of the ship right as an energy missile hit it sending shrapnel everywhere. A piece stuck itself into the Scavenger's hand, who yowled in pain. Even so, the hologram was of more importance than the poor creature's hand, and so he rushed on. The thing that made it so important was who the hologram was for, and what it instructed them to do.
It was a Grox hologram.
The Scavenger entered the base of the Raeknesa and allies, sprinting down the advanced, white hallways to a room that read "Commander Silentus." Panting, the Scavenger, entered a key card and stepped inside. The commander was in there, but was surrounded.
8 or so Drenorin troopers, with their lasers pointed at the commander's head, stared at the Scavenger, soon grabbing him and placing him on the ground behind the now sealed door. One of them slammed the Scavenger's head on the ground, and threatened to kill him unless they gave the Drenorins whatever information he had just acquired.
"I d-d-don't have any th-th-thing!" The Scavenger stuttered with nervousy.
"Oh yeah? What do you suppose this is?" The Drenorin held out the Hologram, which had fell out from the Scavenger's backpack. The Scavenger gasped, and struggled to grab it, but ti was too late - The Drenorin shot him in the head, green blood now pouring out. The Commander's eyes watered a bit, grieving for the Raeknesa that had once been a close friend.
Suddenly, the roof burst open. Laser blasts rained down , hitting 7 our of the 8 Drenorins. The one that had just killed the Scavenger pointed his gun skyward, as if expecting a soldier to shoot again or a ship to fly away from the assault. But instead, a lone figure dropped down from the roof, rushing towards the Drenorin. In surprise, he shot a couple times, but missed. Suddenly, an energy sword was brought down on his neck, shocking him and slicing his head clean off.
Soon, 4 more figures dropped down - A burly dragon-like creature, a sharp, clean insect with a sniper rifle hanging down from his back, A frog like creature with equiptment that made her look like a medic of sorts, and an armored, tentacled creature with an assualt rifle clipped onto a belt. Emerging from the shadows was the swordsman who had, a couple seconds ago, burst down from the sky. He was another dragon-like creature, but thinner and seemingly more agile.
"Are you OK?" He asked the commander, putting his sword into his sheath.
"Yeah, but..." The commander trailed off, eyes downcast.
The creature looked down at the dead Scavenger "Friend of yours?"
"Yes. Soldier, too."
"Sorry to hear that."
"Not your fault, it was his destiny."
"Hey, captain..." The insect creature said. He had been observing the dead Drenorin's body. "I think I found something." He handed the hologram over to the captain, who's name was Rocton.
Rocton turned the hologram on and viewed the message it had to say. It was only a couple seconds long, but he had seen enough. "I hope the Grox haven't gotten there yet."
"Gotten where?" The commander asked, pushing out of the seat that the Drenorins had sealed him to.
"To a planet far away from this one..." Roctan said, looking at the hologram intently. "Called Earth."
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 am

Very good story. I can't wait for the next part!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurningCake
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks BurningCake! Very Happy

Next chapter coming up soon.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 am

I wonder what will happen to Earth.
Back to top Go down
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Hm... I wonder, too...

Oh wait, I already know.

Expect Chater 2 soon.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Zaroas wrote:
Hm... I wonder, too...

Oh wait, I already know.

Expect Chater 2 soon.

I thinks Earth is going bye-bye... Troll
Back to top Go down
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

You'll see...
Back to top Go down
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Chapter 2 is here.

Rocton's claws made a nails-on-a-chalkboard sound on the floor of the hallway he was walking down. He was in his space ship, the FCA Assualt Star, walking down the hallway of the prison section of the ship. About forty or so prisoners swore and insulted him, as he was the one that had put him their positions in jail. He didn't care. He kept going.

He stopped at one cell, which was under special reinforcement. A mammal-like guard stood at the energy gate that blocked it off, acknowledging Rocton's presence with a twitch of his ear. From his belt he pulled out a key, which he inserted into a slot next to the gate. The gate shimmered down, and Rocton entered the cell.

At a small table sat a strange but intimidating specimen. He was tentacled, muscles bulging and claws seeming recently sharpened against the wall. His pale green color sickly shone in the light. He had many scars, indicating long years in the army. He was a Drenorin.

Rocton sat down opposite to him at the table. "Your friends the Grox have been busy, Quires."
"I'm aware of that. How did you hear?"
"A Scavenger recovered a hologram on Agranathor before Drenorin troops sent a laser into his head."
Quires chuckled, admiring the militray power of his own species. "Why are you here, Rocton? Finally going to let your old friend Quires out of this wreck?"
Rocton rolled his eyes. "That's something I'd never do in a thousand years," He muttered. "What I'm really here for is the location of Earth."
"Why should I give it to you?"
"How do you even know of it?"
Quires chuckled again. "The other prisoners, especially the energetic Grox kid, have been talking it up for quite a while now, while you're not here of course."
I'll double the security for sure to hear everything these troublemakers say, Rocton thought. "Just tell me the location of the planet."
"Again, why?"
Rocton, pulled out his sword. "You have two options if you don't give it to me. You may either get slashed right here on the spot or thrown out into the void via the engines."
"Hmmph. You've got me." Quires said gruffly, eyeing the sword as if it were just about the scariest thing in the universe. "Angle of 225.06, distance of 7,295.43 pc."
Rocton sheather the sword, and silently walked out, the guard locking the gate behind him. He travelled up an elevator to a smaller hallway, waling all the way down it until he was in the pilot control room. He approched the pilot, an insectoid member of the Rikagian species.
"He told me the coordinates. Angle is 225.06, distance is 7,295.43 pc."
The pilot, whos name was Snluvis, nodded, entered the coordinates in the ship's computer, and went into hyperdrive. "Earth, we're coming for you." He said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Very cool as usual. Do the Grox know that Rocton is traveling to Earth?
Back to top Go down
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm

I wouldn't think so, but it's possible.

Anyhow, chapter 3 is coming later on tonight.
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Good. Around what time? 8:00, 9:00, 10:00?
Back to top Go down
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Don't know yet. Right now, actually.

Alex Fisher, aged 15, lay on a hammock in his backyard. With his iPod blasting into his ears and his homework thrown all over the ground, he was quite relaxed. Alex was always smart, but not the type to do homework everyday after school.

He nearly jumped of the hammock when he heard a loud hissing noise on the ground besides him. Living in the western USA had its dangers - Snakes. He dropped down from the hammock, and looked around to see any slithering movement or a slithering snake. Instead, he found his basketball, uninflated.

Weird... Alex thought, picking up the basketball. It was strangely heavier than he expected. I just pumped it up full of air yeserday...

He turned the backetball over to see an unusual sight. Stuck in the basketball was a needle-like, metallic object, with barbs sticking out of it. Feeling as it hummed slightly, Alex knew it wasn't from anywhere around here. He quietly looked around, looking for whoever might have punctured his basketball. He was sure they didn't mean to puncture the basketball, but they meant to put the object in Alex.

That's when he saw a glowing red eye, peering out from the wheat field beyond. He stared at it, and it stared back, never blinking. He heard a couple strange words coming from inside there, definently not English.

That's when he decided to run.

Throwing down his iPod, Alex sprinted past the hammock, past his house, and into the street. He heard footsteps behind him, and he knew he was being pursued. Dashing across the street, he looked to the side to see a truck's headlight racing furiously towards him. Alex dove out of the way, but whatever was behind him didn't seem to lucky - It was right in the truck's path. Alex looked back to see that the thing hadn't been crushed - It had simply held out its arm, and when the truck hit it the front of it crumpled. Alex's eyes widened in surprise, but this was no time to watch and wonder - He kept going.

He heard a couple of needle-things headed his way, and he ducked. Both of them whizzed over his head, and he ran on. He zigzagged through coming woods, hoping to lose the creature in the trees and vines surrounding him. He stopped at a cliff with a large lake at the bottom, panting. He turned around to see if the creature had found him.

It had.

It looked quite innocent, actually - It looked almost like a fox, except it was standing on its hind legs. It would have looked like a perfectly normal fox for furries on the internet, but it had cybernetic implants covering one of its eyes, its torso, an arm, and a foot. The creature bulged, its non-orgnaic parts whirring and transforming, until it was the same thing, except about 4 times bigger, packed with muscle, and roaring with anger.

Then, it charged. Alex dove out of the way, staring up at it the whole time, shocked. What was this thing? An alien? Because that would be pretty realistic. The thing stood at the edge of the cliff, looked bakc at Alex, and lumbered over, bringing its arms over its head as if to smash Alex. He scrambled back over to the edge as the creature brought its arms down heavily, cracking the ground. It roared in dissapointment and rage, turning over to the edge. There was no escape now.

Alex clenched his teeth, bracing the impact to come as the creature dove onto him. Instead of facing being crushed, Alex, jumped right as the creature connected witht he cliff. The ground shook, and the cliff started to topple. Alex tried to grab for the remaining ground, but the beast grabbed his foot and dragged it down with it. It seemed like ages, but soon they hit the water. The creature had strangely enough drowned instantly, its grip releasing, and Alex found himself on the bottom of the lake. He tried to swim up, but then he realized his foot was stuck under the corpse of whatever had tried to kill him.

He knew it was futile to try to scream for help, as it would just waste breath. It would waste time to live. Just when his vision started fading out and his breath was shortening, he noticed a strange light from above. He wiped out trying to think of what it was.
Back to top Go down
Zaroas
Pencil & Paper
Pencil & Paper
Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm assuming I can bump this, as I want some feedback on the last chapter. It's been more than 24 hours, so...
Back to top Go down
BurningCake
BurningCake

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm

So the Grox almost killed the Earth kid? I wonder if the "strange light" will save him. I love the story so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic   The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic Empty

Back to top Go down

The Staff of Life - A Spore fanfic
Page 1 of 1